Thursday, May 19, 2011

Accidental Chocolately Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip

Yes, I know that's one mouthful of a title, but it's all relevant-I promise. A while back, I saw this recipe for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip and I've been dying to make it. I've been on antibiotics for an ear infection so I've been resting at my apartment hoping it'll speed up my recovery a little bit. (Will this allergy season ever go away!?) I couldn't think of a better time to be stuck inside because there was a HOUSE marathon on USA today. Definitely one of my favorite shows. I wish he and Cuddy would just get back together already! I don't like all the stupid stuff he's been doing since they broke up! Anyways besides watching HOUSE and doing a little late-spring cleaning, I've been in a huge cooking mood. I noticed all the brown sugar I have in the pantry and thought about making some chocolate chip cookies which made me then think about the chocolate chip cookie dough dip! The recipe says to melt the butter and brown sugar and then add the cream cheese and powdered sugar, followed by the chocolate chips. Well impatient me couldn't wait until it cooled down to add the chocolate chips so they all melted. That's where the "Accidental Chocolately" part comes from. And my newly found love for peanut butter came in handy too! Here's how I modified the original recipe:





Accidental Chocolately Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 8 oz. block cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
2 Tbsp peanut butter (I used creamy)

Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and add the vanilla, cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and powdered sugar and beat with handheld mixer. After it has cooled down, add the other half cup of the chocolate chips. Serve with Nilla Wafers, graham crackers, or just do what I did-eat it straight from the bowl with the biggest spoon in your kitchen! Don't forget to refrigerate leftovers-not that you'll have any :)


*P.S.- If whoever stole my patio furniture is reading this, I want it back ASAP!*

1 comment:

  1. Patio furniture thief, you are mean. Hopefully it wasn't personal since you like to sit out there so much!! Be sure to save me some dip! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete