Friday, May 27, 2011

Taco Burgers

I've got a question for you. What do you do when you're craving a taco and hamburger at the same time?? Seems like a tough dilemma, huh? Well this happened to me today, so I decided to combine the two and make Taco Hamburgers! Since I was only cooking for myself, I only made two burgers (gotta have one leftover for later, right!?). The seasoning I mixed up makes about an 1/8 of a cup, and I used about a half of a tablespoon for each burger and used the rest for my black beans but you should have enough for 4 burgers. If not, it's super easy to double.


Taco Burgers
Makes 2 burgers, but easily doubled

For the seasoning:
1 + 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder

For the burgers:
1/2 lb. ground round
~1 Tbsp. of the seasoning
Hamburger buns of your choice (I used whole-wheat)

Toppings:
I used pepper-jack cheese with jalapenos and some salsa, but just go crazy with it! Here are some other ideas: sour cream, avacado (Britt's suggestion), guacamole, and lettuce.

Light up the grill. Mix the seasoning ingredients in small bowl. Shape the ground round into 2 hamburger patties, and use about 1/2 tablespoon of the taco seasoning per hamburger patty. Grill until the inside temperature reaches 160 degrees and juices run out clear. Top with whatever your heart desires, then eat up!


No comments:

Post a Comment